Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Evaluation: My product

What I have included:

Front page:

My product has a main image consisting of a medium shot centred to the right of the page. My page also has a mast head at the top left corner with 9 sell lines and a sky line. I have a generic barcode and have added page numbers to my sell lines.

Content page:

I have split my articles into 3 headings and have included an editors note with her image. Lastly, across the top of the page I have included a title with a page number on the bottom right of the page.

Double page spread:

On the right hand side of the double page spread I have placed a medium shot covering the whole page. And on the left written a Q and A type interview. On the top of the left hand page I also included a title and page numbers in both bottom corners of the page.

What I wanted to include:

Front page: 

For my "Boys, boys, boys..." sell line I would have ideally wanted images of boys with their tops off (as I had seen this in an edition of "Top of the Pops") however no one was willing to do so plus we would need to go to the beach however it would be really cold so could have been a safety hazard.
Another image I had attempted but didn't want on my final magazine is the sun image. In the end I deleted the image because the model wasn't appropriate but I couldn't arrange another model in time so I deleted it.

Content page:

For this page I would have wanted more images of bands and red carpet settings with paparazzi however the location would have been difficult to find with out setting it up plus it would then have been difficult to make it look realistic. 

Double page spread:                        


For this page I would have wanted a picture of the model with a friend in a type of selfie
picture and added it to the left hand page however I had attempted it and thought it wasn't appropriate plus I had changed the model from my rough cut so it wouldn't fit with the article. I couldn't get another picture because I couldn't arrange another photo shoot as she lives far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment